Roses and chocolates in heart shaped boxes fill the store as people shop to tell that special someone how much they love them. Many love the holiday of love.
Since it’s February and Valentine’s day is approaching, I decided to share with you a collection of Scriptures on love. However, you’re not going to find the Valentine’s day kind of romance in these verses. Instead, you’ll see the theme of love as the act of sacrifice for the good of someone else.
10 Bible Verses About Love
1. We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. — 1 John 3:16
2. Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. — 1 John 3:18
3. This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. — 1 John 3:23
4. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. — 1 John 4:10-11
5. We love, because He first loved us. — 1 John 4:19
6. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also. — 1 John 4:21
7. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. — Romans 5:7-8
8. “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” — John 13:34-35
9. Let all that you do be done in love. — 1 Corinthians 16:14
10. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” — John 3:16
What are some other Bible verses about love? Share in the comments below!
Your sister in Christ,