We worry about school, and we worry about our jobs. We worry about the future and the minor details of today. We worry about a lot of things, but the Bible says we shouldn’t worry.
5 Bible Verses About Worrying
1. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. — Philippians 4:6-7
2. For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? — Matthew 6:25-27
3. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. — Proverbs 3:5-6
4. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. — 1 Peter 5:6-7
5. The LORD is my light and my salvation; Who shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Who shall I dread? — Psalm 27:1
Do you have another bible verse you turn to when you’re worried? Share with us in the comments below.
Your sister in Christ,